Saturday, March 27, 2010

Congratulations possums!

Awesome Possums! Since the inception, we have already ran 68km! 32km more to go before we hit our 100km!

Today's run @ Cyberjaya for Energizer have been a good but badly organized one... imagine this: baggage storage is 1km away from the starting line. And another 500m to collect your goodies after the race.

This race have been alittle challenging for me, as it's my first night race, and we were late, and traffic was terrible, never happened in any other runs before. We started 20 minutes later than all the contestant, and the terrain can be quite challenging.

I lost it at the end of the race, about 3km away, I pulled my thighs and calves muscles. I had trouble even when I walk, and I had to walk slowly to the finishing line. I ended in 2hr 45mins, 24 minutes shy of my PR.

Kudos to Nic, who managed to finish as the fastest Possum this time! He's earned all his bragging rights now!

Anyway some of the things to point out:

1. Never be late for the race
2. Have enough time to warm up
3. Night race is hotter day race
4. Cyberjaya's terrain has many inclinations.

I have to give it to the songs that helped me thru the race. Some songs are really good motivators, like:

1. Chicane - Don't Give Up
2. Kevin Rudolf feat. Lil Wayne - Let It Rock
3. Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger
4. Avenged Sevenfold - Sidewinder
5. Guns & Roses - Welcome to The Jungle

What's your mix? I always make sure I have a song list that last for 2.5 hours if I run 21km

BTW this time everyone has something thats hurt, except for this rounds champion Nic!

No comments:

Post a Comment